Hi Saligaocars
3 of us from Arrarim are interested in getting G wave broadband into the village. http://www.gwave.in/ Iit is a High speed fibre optic broadband network as an alternative to BSNL. currectly the line reaches upto the Village panchayat who is using the connection. from what I understand, for the last mile - the line will be taken over-head to homes.

For a few of us fed up with BSNL service - this could prove to be a viable option!

http://www.gwave.in/services/broadband/ gives the link to the various packages offered. for those who are interested, please send me a mail, or call me. the more the merrier to put pressure on these guys.

--
Important:  This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and probably
doesn't contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or