Hi SaligaoNetters.

First I read about Fr. Freddy, then I read that Archbishop Henry D'Souza was at the funeral. Guess you all know that he is from Arrarim, cousin of Fr. Thomas d'Sousa - that was confirmed by Fr. Nasciment by the way who met him too for the first time. Another piece of information from Fr. Nasciment was that Fr. Freddy trained and led a Mando group from Saligao called Saligaochim Mannkam (Ashley, your mum starred in that along with Tom, Emmie & Orlando etc.) And the casette of Niz Mog was brought out with Laura, Ivy etc. singing in it & a cassette of mandos wherein Ashley's mum sang.

I recall reading that Nicholas had won a prize for his "Flower Garden". Now, Fr. Nasciment informed that if I read the Goan Observer I would see that Saligao again won - this time for fruit not flowers. So those of you who can get hold of it, it states that a variety of Mango called Udgo (apparently, it is courting extinction, so glad it came through & in Saligao) was the prized mango from among the 76 varieties presented as entries from 11 talukas at the Great Mango Show earlier this month. This mango is from the tree that was planted by great grandfather of the winner Nagesh Naik in Morod. Wonder what item will make someone else a winner in Saligao hereafter! perhaps a vegetable? anyway, hope Saligao will be in the limelight for years to come - it feels good to know & read that Saligao has talented, enterprising & industrious people, now, in the past, & I'm sure in the future. Viva!

From: Bradley n Clive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
.......so thats my
excuse for not writing.

I had noticed Freddy Noronha, Francis Ribeiro, LCHS,
M&M & the Church doing a lot out there & hats off to
you all.

"I second that. Kudos to you all"

Talking abt Francis Ribeiro....is he out of the
hospital & has he recovered ? Did not hear anything
from Savio after the last email.

"Hey Seby your excuse for not writing is accepted by me, but for not reading.....? I had already informed that Francis was out of hospital in Bombay & then that he was back in Saligao some time back since I obtained that information from Savio when I met him then."

I don't know who came up with a sound ban in Goa

"Well, the govt. of course, since people were taking things too far & abusing their rights. Couldnt sleep very often whether in the afternoon on weekends or at night due to those around having their music (if one could call it that) blasting through loudspeakers to celebrate birth of child, naming of child, birthday, thread ceremony, puberty ceremony, engagement, wedding. You would need the ear plugs too whether in your 20's or 60's. And why should others stick these things in their ears (inconvenient) just to get their well deserved rest? Oh if we could hear the band playing at Emerald Lawns in Parra when they had their functions once in a while, & the music from West End every week, can you imagine the sound reverberating in our ears. But as you say, wouldnt mind sound ban lifted for special functions that occur once or twice a year, but then people tend to stress on their rights but forget their duties which are two sides of the coin. (Yeh I still remember my old Civics lessons in Lourdes Convent - cant remember the teacher though, perhaps Miss Shirley or Miss Mabel) So all suffer because of a few. And the Westend did have a dance after ages, (on 18th I think, I had heard that it was closed), wonder how the sound ban didnt affect them!"

Have a nice day!

Ciao
Regards
Annette