Hi Albert: Please check some journalism text book for guidance on how to
learn film criticism. Also, two prominent film criticism in/from Goa are
Ervelle Menezes, former News Editor of Indian Express, from Bastora, and
agnela ronita torcato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

But it is important for your son to build confidence by getting some of
his work published. If Goa actually becomes the venue for the IFFI
(International Film Festival of India), then this kind of writing would
get a boost. Otherwise too, there is scope for any kind of writing, if one
knows how to get it published in the right quarters.

Needless to say, any form of writing is both about content and form. It is
important for your son to adequately understand the 'form' required to be
used by a film-critic. Just as an essay is different in shape, size and
orientation from a short story, or a report, or an editorial...

Newspapers in Goa offer token payments, which may be Rs 100 or 200 at
best. But that's not the issue. My advice to young writers is not to be
too much concerned about how much they're getting paid. Instead, they
should focus on becoming good at their job, and then they will
automatically attract good payments.

Hope this helps. FN
Frederick Noronha * Freelance Journalist * Goa, India
f r e d @ b y t e s f o r a l l . o r g
Ph 832.2409490 / 832.2409783 Cell 9822 122436
784 Near Lourdes Convent, Sonarbhat, Saligao 403511 Goa