Dear Saligaonkars
Every year several young boys and girls from saligao pass out from college and
they go for higher studies with a feeling that somewhere there will be a golden
handshake but they are dissappointed because the govt cannot give them all
jobs. We blame the govt and go on blaming this govt and that govt and critising
this one and that one. No one will come forward and try to do something for
saligao. Many many years ago Mr.Hubert de souza father of Fr.Desmond from
Nigvaddo wanted to start a small scale industry in saligao and he had done lot
of basic preparation but had to abandon his project as no one was ready to
shoulder responsibility along with Mr.Hubert and being alone with such a huge
project before him, he was forced to return the money he had collected for the
project and his dream remained a dream. Today we have money and brain too and
we can start a project of small scale industry in saligao exclusively only for
the people of saligao . I cannot express in this letter what and how the
industry should be but everyone who is a professional can put in their hand and
start something . We can go in for horticulture, groundnut plantation.
extraction of oil, growing of basmati rice, sauceges, etc etc and those who can
plan without politics can sit together and do it/
Albert de souza