Oops! Bruised feelings aside, can we confirm what exactly this road naming involves. I mean as I understand it, to facilitate ease of directions etc., only naming of roads which are not named we are talking about isnt it, or are we thinking of changing those named already by our ancestors? I dont think the latter would be fair, only the signboards could be put up with the existing name - have we all forgotten our irritation & comments when names like Panjim, Margao, Vasco da Gama, etc. were changed to Panaji, Madgao & SambhajiNagar? Then signboards with the names of the famous/notorious Saligaokars could be fixed at the entrance & exit of "roads with no name" .

Wonder what we are going to name the road passing by Lourdes Convent High School! Or does it already have a name - Before we used to say .... Voltar or Tollem lagim in Konkani if we wanted to direct someone to the school, or in English - the mud road from Peggy's corner. Oh oh, imagine changing that name Peggy's corner to ... whatever!!!

Passing thoughts.....

Annette