Hi there,

Exactly what I thought last year when I was in Goa & had problems with the telephone & then again in February & March 2004

From: "Sanjeev Trivedi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This is little hope for the dinasaur called BSNL !! Instead of trying to "wake up" this perpetually sleeping pet, it is time dump it and look for a new one.

I, for one, am giving up my BSNL line (which at the moment is down for over a week)

Only a week? Huh you are lucky!

and changing over to the wireless - Reliance phone. Besides being cheaper and substantially more >reliable, it will even spare you the agony of blowouts due to lightening which has become a regular >annual feature with BSNL phones.

Yeh especially during the Monsoons. And why pay the rental? When half the time the phone is out of order? I had thought of just leaving a mobile phone to be used by my family there & one gets free calls after a certain hour isnt it?

But had second thoughts when someone told me that there is some frequency or range limit in Saligao as when one receives a call through the mobile, one has to get out into the verandah or garden to hear (surprisingly this is not a problem in Calangute) ...now that is definitely not going to be done by either my mum or sister. Go out in the dark (after all the lights also are off most of the time because some tree fell over the wire or pole), stand in the rain at about 8 p.m. to talk to me amongst wet grass, snakes, insects & some lurking thief or murderer?

So this Reliance phone can be used within closed doors then? Do let me know please! Thanks!

Ta ra,
Annette