Hello SaligaoNetters!

Despite my not liking too much history, I find this short posting very interesting as conections in my mind at least. I picked up on a story, I think.... No Souza in 1st, 7th & 12th Vangodd.... huh! No wonder there are Souzas everywhere...can you imagine in each village if they have the same ?.....

.....The 12 CATHOLIC BRAHMIN VANGODDS OR VANGOR(CLANS) of Saligao had one vote each.

Easy to remember - like the 12 Apostles - chosen ones, ............Grrh!

1st Vangodd: Cruz, Furtado.

Wow!, no Souza

3rd Vangodd: de Souza

Gosh! only Souza

7th Vangodd: Sequeira.

Only Sequeira? No Souza - huh!

12th Vangodd: Azavedo, Fernandes, Vaz( Vas with accent on `a').

Thank goodness! no Souza here but there is Fernandes ... grrh! - this is moi - Vas with accent on 'a'... but of course I had to make a mistake & join Souza clan, couldnt find a Vas actually to suit me or to take me on ... ha ha!

In today's world we cannot talk on brahmins and non-brahmins in the village and as a priest certainly not. ...

Definitely not, Fr. Nasciment else your head will fall under the block......
Anyway, in this day & age, I doubt anybody is bothered about such things .. all these castes & antiquated ideas....

However as I am looking at and writing on the age old intitution of our village, the Communidade and the books of Communidade de Saligao speak itself. Historical-wise I am bound to show this difference and I hope to be excused by our readers.

Of course you are excused! Why should a historian not write history as is?

Have a nice day/weekend

Ciao
Annette