What a wonderful initiative! Kudos to all the kids and adults who rolled up their sleeves and just did it! It's heartening to note that when people put their minds to it, individuals can still make a difference in this beleaguered world.

I think the 'open-air classroom' idea for a hands-on education on environment and ecology is also a super idea. While I cannot be physically present, I would be delighted to support this initiative in any other way that's needed. Muriel & Mario, do let me know.

- Val

Inspired and led by senior citizen Jean Kalgutkar, that
never-say-die, lone, plastic-picker of Saligao, five junior
citizens of Lourdes Convent Saligao - Rohit, Tarika, Shanawaz,
Sheetal, Suhail - and one dad began a campaign to rid their
village of plastic litter.