Hmmmm,

From: Nascimen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
THE SALIGAO SPIRIT IN BRITAIN-II.( CONTINUATION).

It is this spirit that sustains us in difficult times and it is this soul force that drives Saligaocars on to pastures new to serve their fellowmen beyond parochial boundaries and across the confines of colour, creed and country. This is the true gauncar to whom jubilees are dedicated.
The founders lay the foundation-stones, but it is the common gauncar, the ordinary member who by his activity and interst sustains the edifice. And so that this good work might carry on, the call is for more active members . Not a call merely for Life Members but for more life in our members!

Yeh! Right! Provided the crab mentality is left out of our thinking, which I've seen too much of over the years.... but there is still hope for our youngsters, they think, or should think differently ..my observations now....present day.... both at home & abroad....

The ideal 'gauncar worth his salt, gives twice as much as he takes. Not for him the nit-picking ' critica' and the ex-cathedra' pontifications of the armchair 'politicos' in their balconies or the smug complacency of the " I'm alright Jack' snobs.

Oops! Meaow!

On the contrary, he is the one who is a good neighbhour, the catholic in action, the member on duty taking his turn whenever occasion demands to man the turnstiles or serve on committees, or on councils, in chapels or in the panchayat. To serve willingly is to thank God for the gift of exhilarating involvement.

Um, what about those who serve by not allowing their right hand to know what their left hand is doing & vice versa? What about the Cheerleaders? As they cant do anything else or are not in a position to do so? These are those (did I just type that?) who are not seen serving at all....

It behoves us, therefore, to nurture this great gift, to recognise it in our youth and in the programmes of our Youth Clubs and more pertinently as a fitting memorial to this Jubilee to set up the missionary and the funds to see that the Saligao Spirit is propagated and perpetuated through out youth.

I'll drink to that as it has already restarted in Saligao. No sign of Fr. Fox in this instalment!

Cheers
Annette