21st October 2004
Dear Dilip
Quite frankly, I don't think it is the right place for a pump, and I am
entitled to an opinion. My knee-jerk reactions include a great deal of
development suggestions for the village. Unfortunately, we have a
Panchayat that is completely corrupt and buyable. It is sad that wear
losing a good deal of agricultural land to development and I must confess
that as an architect I am part of the system. We do desperately need at
village level a comprehensive development plan that takes into account the
geographical nature of the village and access network, thus demarcating
areas for residence, commercial activity, recreation and agriculture.
Without this, radical change in land use can affect the overall structure
of a village. We should thus be pushing for this planning at the earliest.
Regards,
DEAN