Hi Saligao Netters,

Compliments of the Season to you all!

Rico was my guess right about Alice D'Cruz vis-a-vis Saligao link, St. Xavier's College etc.?

From: "Frederick Noronha (FN)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

In this global village, it's easy to get information from half-way around the globe, but not from two vaddos away ;-)

Hmm, Rico, you are a vaddo away from Donvaddo I think, which is the 2nd vaddo?

Somehow, I missed hearing about the Donvaddo christmas program that got underway there today (Dec 19), a pleasant Sunday evening.

Ah ha, defintely not the dark continent.... I recall seeing photographs of our nephews taken at the Christmas Celebration near the small chapel where Our Lady of Vailainkanny Statue is kept (near Marjorie's house) over the last few years.

Vivek Menezes, who grew up in the village as a young child, and married one of the Carneiro sisters from Donvaddo,

Oh that's news, didnt know Noreen is back in Goa after spending so many years abroad. I defintely recall all these fair, sweet looking Carneiro sisters - wasnt there one brother amongst them?

and mentioned it. He said Santa came in on a bullock-cart, and found it charming enough to be recorded on some photographs he clicked.

Yeh right, so this is the second time a bullock cart has been used in Donvaddo to transport people other than the owner. I have a snap of the bridegroom Justin, (European at that) sitting in the bullock cart of Esvont from Donvaddo, & this well decorated cart & bulls with ribbons streaming out behind them, took him all the way to Mae De Deus Church to meet & marry his bride Alison...... she is the daughter of the late Adolfo Figueredo (my neighbour) & Crispino Figueredo who I'm sure most of you know.

Justin loved the entire idea & was really charmed, he got Adolfo to latch on to it too & arranged his neighbour Esvont to lend his cart, bulls, decorate & dress them & also the cartman was dressed in coloured outfit. Alison of course went in bridal finery in a car for obvious reasons. Apparently there were more people lined up to wave to Justin travelling in the cart, than those waiting to stare at the bride (after all no-one in Donvaddo had seen a groom travel in anything but a car). Dont know how long it took for Justin to reach the Church, but I know for a fact that the nuptials started on time. The snaps looked good & colourful & when they returned to UK after their marriage, all were quite interested & oohed & aahed over there - quite a novel idea & unique. So a first in Donvaddo eh? Pioneers - using a bullock cart to carry bridegroom then & Santa Claus now.

Rico were the bulls' horns & necks dressed in green & red or what?

While passing by, all the kids had gathered around the chapel and were having quite a time. Who says Saligao doesn't have children, and children are too busy studying that they don't have time for outdoor activity?

I'm sure the children enjoyed that experience as much as the adults enjoyed their experience earlier.

While on the way, there were a number of holidaying Saligaokars I ran into. Vanessa (A Isa Vaz's daughter), my neighbour Richard (Sequeira), Crispino from the Gulf, our former Saligao Institute president, Kareena Carneiro and her sister, Diego's sister Assu(mption), etc.

Oh wow! lot of Saligaokars on holidays. Havent met thes people in years. Rico, you've got the short form right, (I think it's Ansu) & the Feast right, but sorry you've got her name wrong - as I heard from Patricia that Annunciation was in Goa. Gottcha!

Finally, a small appeal: to make Saligaonet work, we really need more reports on what's happening in the village. Or even from Saligaokars across the globe, keeping us updated on what they're busy with. Don't treat Saligaonet as a read-only medium. Your inputs are welcome! FN

Well I took your advice Rico, my posting for the month I think. Christmas here spent well, a bit hectic & still on the move until tomorrow after which I hope to revive my energy in time for end of the year celebrations beginning 30th.

I'm off home now & then to Church. Hope you all had a good weekend being the Christmas one. All stuffed with sweets eh?

Ciao
Regards
Annette