Dear Saligaonettekars,

Talking to senior officials at the Saligao Telephone Exchange
this morning we heard some important news:

There is ONLY ONE SLOT left for a Telephone Exchange to be
alloted *Boradband* internet equipment in Goa.  It is EITHER
Saligao OR one other Exchange!

And the choice will be made on the number of applications
received from the two villages.  If Saligao has more
applications *our* exchange will get the equipment and we will
have broadband and other related services in the village at
affordable, subsidised rates, in a short while.

This is an appeal to Saligaokars in the village to apply online
at http://www.bsnl.co.in *at the earliest*.  Those residing
outside the village could write to their folks back home and ask
them to *urgently* make the application.

Applying is free and does not mean that one has to take the
connection when it comes.  It is only to indicate to BSNL
decision makers in Panjim, how many potential Broadband users
there are in Saligao.

Applying has other advantages:

-  it ensures that you *will* get a Broadband connection because
there are only a certain number of connections that will be
planned for.  Once the capacity is utilised - no more new
connections!
-  besides Broadband, the telephone line you indicate for the
purpose will also, in time, carry several other services from
BSNL - like cable TV, video on demand, content based services,
video multicasting, interactive gaming, audio and video
conferencing, distance based learning, etc.

So if you have an eye on the future of the Telecom and IT
industries: *Register for Broadband in Saligao - NOW!*

Solidarity,

M&M.

Below is the original message that came in from BSNL:

<< Dear Customer,

BSNL is happy to announce that shortly you can avail very high
speed broadband service under brand name âDataOneâ. Initially
DataOne broadband services will provide 256 Kbps and above,
always on internet services. Subsequently triple play services
like video on demand, content based services, video
multicasting, interactive gaming, audio and video conferencing,
distance based learning, etc will be offered. The services will
be provided through state of art DSL technology based network.
The telephone wire (copper wire) on which normal basic phone
services of BSNL are working will be used to provide Broadband
services. You will be requiring only customer premise equipment
(CPE) which you can take from BSNL also. The tariff will be best
in industry.

BSNL understands that being a BSNL sancharnet user you are a
person who prefer latest in technology and wants to remain in
touch with rest of world and information. This service will
definitely give you an edge over others. We invite you to enjoy
the benefits of high speed internet at present and triple play
services in future. Registration form for these services is
available at our customer service centers and website
www.bsnl.co.in. For more information please visit our Website
www.bsnl.co.in. Hurry up and register yourself absolutely free
of cost.

Administrator