"The last one is moving out," dad mentioned ten minutes ago, around half-an-hour after midnight on Saturday-Sunday night. Trucks, cars and generator vans were moving out from the field at Sonarbhat, in front of Villa Victoria.

From last Sunday, shooting was underway of the French film 'The
Hypochondriac' at the stately home that formerly belonged to the Souza-Figueiredo's.

Unlike the shootings of another French film in Saligao in the 'seventies -- one vaguely remembers its name being something like 'The Great Show Off' -- this one evoked mixed feelings among the villagers. A few earned quick money from the event, and some curious villagers kept tracking the shootings at the French-owned home. But the film in the 'seventies was shot mostly in the day, and was quite a spectacle for most to watch and follow. This one, apart from being shot late night, was done mostly in the house settings.

I don't know how different villagers felt about their place being 'invaded' by the glamour industry. Anyway, with the shooting over, it would be mixed feelings perhaps as life gets back to normal. One only hopes that we don't see the village changing with the lure of big money, as some other villages like Calangute have changed, unrecognisably.

BTW, does anyone have information on the garbage dump (or is it a recycling centre?) set up in the fields en route to the aula (middle-school)? FN

--
A hypochondriac is a person who continually worries about their health, although there is nothing physically wrong with them. Tried to locate some link to this film on the Internet, but couldn't located it easily.

   _____
 _/ ____\____    Frederick Noronha * Freelance Journalist * Goa
 \   __\/    \   India T +91.832.2409490 M +919822 122436
  |  | |   |  \  http://fn.swiki.net http://goabooks.swiki.net
  |__| |___|  /  http://www.bytesforall.net http://www.bytesforall.org
  Writing with a difference, on issues that really make the difference.