Heard & read about the tragic death of Mrs. Saldanha. Didnt know her unfortunately, but knew Mr. Ivo Saldanha indirectly. (also read about Mr. Saldanha being in hospital towards the end). Because of our contacts with Syndicate Bank, we know Mr. Saldanha. We were shocked to read on the Navhind Times that Mr. & Mrs. Saldanha were buried on same day.

We realised that Mr. Saldanha used to stay in Saligao (Salmona) because he was a Saliganvkar or have I got that wrong? Anyway, he was very helpful on more than one occasion (as Fiona & I know as she received what help he could offer) during a stressful period in our lives. And we approached him because we had heard of his goodness & kindness from others....he didnt let us down and his kindness when urgently required at that particular time reaffirmed our faith in human nature. Fiona is not on the Net but she would wish to be included in this particular message.

We wish to convey our sympathy to his family & know that it is a double loss for them, difficult to bear. We pray that God grant them all the strength to bear their loss & that God grants eternal rest to the souls of both Mr. & Mrs.Ivo Saldanha.

Annette, Luwell & Ashley D'Souza & Fiona Vas