Dear Albert

Thank you for the info - I checked up with what was happening myself with
Dean on Sunday after mass - all well thank goodness. I must apologise for
scaremongering I actually just meant to ask Fred!

It was interesting to hear father state that after this particular
fundraising drive the church dont intend to knock on our doors for one
hundred years!  Lets see.  Would be great to have some transparancy and a
proper sustainable financial plan.
All the best - & thanks again for the valuable info

Helene
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Albert Da Cruz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  Dear Helene,
>
> Thanks for being the ears and eyes of Saligao.
>
> To think that in this age we are allowing asbestos to be used in the
> building is attrocious. In Perth, people have been dying of cancer due to
> use of asbestos in buildings in the early 20th century,  The Museum in Perth
> which is a large historic building has been vacated because it was found to
> be infested with deteriorating asbestos fibre. The whole building is to be
> demolished and a new one constructed on a different site.
>
> Asbestos fibres cause *Mesothelioma.*
> **
> Malignant
> mesothelioma<http://mesoinfo.com/mesothelioma_information/default.asp>is an
> uncommon, but no longer rare, cancer that is difficult to diagnose and
> poorly responsive to therapy. Malignant
> mesothelioma<http://mesoinfo.com/mesothelioma_information/default.asp>is the
> most serious of all
> asbestos <http://mesoinfo.com/asbestos_information/default.asp>-related
> diseases.
>
> A layer of specialized cells called mesothelial cells lines the chest
> cavity, abdominal cavity, and the cavity around the heart. These cells also
> cover the outer surface of most internal organs. The tissue formed by these
> cells is called mesothelium
> **
> *More in attached document.*
> *I am quite sure that there are enough people in Saligao who could advise
> the restorers about the use of asbestos in any structure in our village.
> Please ensure that this is widely circulated to prevent the use of this
> building material in our beautiful country. *
> I feel strongly that we have a responsibility to guard the health of the
> community particularly those who will we hope enjoy the magnificence of the
> Church and its message for centuries to come.
> Warm regards
> Albert Da Cruz

  • [SALIGA... Albert Da Cruz
    • RE... Leão Fernandes
    • Re... helene nicole
      • ... Frederick Noronha [फ़र ेदरिक नोर ोनया]
        • ... helene nicole
      • ... Albert Da Cruz
        • ... helene nicole
          • ... Ashley Delaney