Hi,

I'm using the event log perl script and am having problems searching for a
string that contains spaces and colons, ie: "LogShipping: Database:
Subscription"

I gave the following command line which I expected to work

-a -s $ "server$application$30$1$*$*$message$LogShipping: Database:
Subscription"

.. but it fails

what am I doing wrong.?

Also, How can I specify a username and password to run this under when
SAlive is running as a service as this is also failing :-o

cheers

Steve