snmp Jack, use getif to get the oid.  You can check the specific bri
interface
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 11 December 2002 20:58
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [SA-list] Checking ISDN backup interface.

I have Servers Alive monitoring a router on the remote end of a T1.
I have an ISDN backup to that router, so if the line goes down it is picked
up by the ISDN backup.

I want servers alive to be able to monitor the ISDN link, but I can't ping
the ip address of the ISDN link because it will appear up all the time.

I started working on a batch file that did a tracert and find commands, but
I was wondering if anyone had a smoother solution

Thanks
Jack

This email and its contents may be confidential.  If it is and you are not
the intended recipient, please do not disclose or use the information within
this email or its attachments.  If you have received this email in error,
please delete it immediately.  Thank you.