From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Dirk Bulinckx
Sent: Friday, 3 January 2003 10:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [SA-list] A few questions answered please

inline....

dirk.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Robert Ferrero
Sent: Thu Jan 02 11:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SA-list] A few questions answered please

Hello

Having purchased Servers Alive and tinkering with it I now have come up with
some questions I would like answered please.

1. When I set set up the Servers Alive Service to run as the domain
administrator account, Servers Alive wouldnt start up, yet when I changed it
back to the Local system account it would start up. The W2000 computer is a
member of the domain...I cant see why this wouldnt work. Can you please
inform me what I may have done wrong. I wanted to set it up this way so that
the application had immediate domain admin rights as opposed to setting up
each instance with a username and password.
<dirk>How do you determine that it's not starting?

2. Where is the setup information kept so that I may back this file up?
<dirk>It's in the registry, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DBU
Consulting\Servers Alive

3. Is there a way to have SAlive escalate a fault by sending the same alert
SMS to another number if an alert hasnt been responded to in a certain time
frame? Can an alert be responded to?
<dirk>Can't be done

4. Coming from Australia, I was wondering if there was anyone out there that
can tell me what I need to do with Telstra (ie what service I need to ask
for)in order to get SMSC working.
<dirk>http://www.woodstone.nu/salive/pagersettings.asp#Australia
I'm sure more questions will come about.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards,

Robert Ferrero
IT Infrastructure
Dynamic Direct
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please confirm receipt of this e-mail.

This e-mail is from Dynamic Direct Pty Ltd.

It is confidential to the addressee and may contain copyright and/or
legally privileged information. No-one else, other than on behalf of the
addressee, may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on all or any of
it or its
attachments. You must scan this e-mail and any attached files for viruses. We accept
no
liability for any loss, damage or consequence resulting either directly or indirectly
from the
use of the attached files. If you receive this e-mail in error, please telephone us
on 61 3 8585 2100 or e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you.