From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Robert Ferrero
Sent: Wednesday, 8 January 2003 12:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SA-list] Modem used for SMS in Australia

Hi All

I have been fiddling around with SMS paging and I cant seem to get it to
work. I was wondering if anyone in Australia (via Telstra), who has got
SMS working, what type of modem and configuration they are using.

I have an internal modem (just a basic SwannSmart II Internal) and I cant
get it to work.

I am guessing you need a special type of modem, or GSM type modem that
can dial directly into the GSM network.

A Thought For Future SAlive releases: Would be good if you could
acknowledge receipt of a sent SMS. If this hasn't occured in a predefined
time then it escalates the SMS to next number in the list and so on.

Your Help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Robert Ferrero
IT Infrastructure
Dynamic Direct Pty Ltd
Ph:       03 8585 2100
Direct:   03 8585 2102
Fax:      03 8585 2165
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please confirm receipt of this e-mail.

This e-mail is from Dynamic Direct Pty Ltd.

It is confidential to the addressee and may contain copyright and/or
legally privileged information. No-one else, other than on behalf of the
addressee, may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on all or any of
it or its
attachments. You must scan this e-mail and any attached files for viruses. We accept
no
liability for any loss, damage or consequence resulting either directly or indirectly
from the
use of the attached files. If you receive this e-mail in error, please telephone us
on 61 3 8585 2100 or e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you.