From: Dirk Bulinckx [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 5:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SA-list] Servers Alive v4 beta 1 released

Hi,

Finaly Servers Alive v4 beta 1 is release to the "grand public".

You can download it from http://www.woodstone.nu/salive/betav4.asp

And please please remember this is a BETA version.  All feedback is ofcourse
welcome :-)

Quick overview of the new stuff:
        * new interface
        * new file format
        * database logging
        * winsock check are protocol based and not longer port based
                (ctrl-P will lead you to the protocol definition page)
        * more html template tags
(sa_group_name,sa_group_up_entries,sa_group_down_entries,sa_group_maintenanc
e_entries,SA_GROUPHEADER,SA_GROUPFOOTER,sa_select_case - sa_case)
        (sort can be done on hostid, hostname,uid, check,
status,prettyname,ip and
combinations of it, but will always be done per group!)

        * grouping of entries
        * new external COM check (no samples yet)
        * new alerting engine (more alert types and more alert send rules)
        * built in SSH server

Probalby I forgot a lot, a left some bugs in it too....but hey that's why
it's a beta.

This beta will use the "old" v3 registration info until Feb 15th 2003, then
it will fall back to an unregistered version.
In order to load your old hostfile use the import option in the FILE menu
item.

Once released we will have 2 versions:
        * standard version
                => compare this to the current v3.3
                        ("limited" to 1000 entries and NO database logging)

        * enterprise version
                "limited" to 5000 entries
                database logging

        For the rest enterprise and standard have the same features.

Currently there is NO doc included with the beta.  With the release we will
have the doc included (ofcourse).

Have fun with it.....

dirk.