inline

dirk.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of cacrawford
Sent: Wed Feb 05 9:57 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [SA-list] LAN and SQL Server

I've have two issues with the beta version I've been unable to fix.  I'm
sure they are user issues, so someone just point me in the right
direction....

--  When Servers Alive is running as a service (Local System/Interact with
Desktop), the MS-SQL Database checks fail.  The log indicates it can't find
the SQL client, but I have Enterprise Manager installed and ISQL /W works
from a DOS window.  The MS-SQL checks work when running Servers Alive as an
application.  What is it looking for?
<dirk>The SQL DMO libs are probably not within the path for the system user.
Can you check the logfile of Servers Alive.  At startup it will try to
detect if SQL libs can be loaded.

--  Importing our old hosts file went smoothly, but any settings that I
modify write the "new" LAN information (#DE=__LAN__#KA=F#) to the hosts
file, and these checks subsequently fail every time.  There isn't anything
written to the log about the failure, and if I modify the hosts file to use
the old LAN information (__LAN__) then the checks work again.  This happens
when running as a service and as an application.
<dirk>If you check the beta page (http://www.woodstone.nu/salive/betav4.asp)
you'll see that we fixed an issue with that with v4.0.1278, so I would
suggest to retry it with the latest version.

Using Servers Alive v.4.0.1271

Thanks,
Chad