You can take a look at my perl and asp utility that does something similar.
http://www.lyonsonline.net/jack/Projects/uptime

(the formatting of the page is not pretty, but the information is there.)

Jack

This email and its contents may be confidential.  If it is and you are not
the intended recipient, please do not disclose or use the information within
this email or its attachments.  If you have received this email in error,
please delete it immediately.  Thank you.