From: Michael Shook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: maandag 10 november 2003 15:11
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [SA-list] monitoring unix host

I'm starting down the road of making a "COMWinsock" for TCP connections.
It doesn't use any of the Telnet specific protocols, just connects to
that port (or any port). I have the application half functioning and
returning values from a Telnet server, but as I have never written a
.dll before or integrated with SA before, that part will be slower. Of
course I'mm willing to work with someone who's done that before to speed
things up. If anyone's willing.

If you send me a cleaned-up dump of a typical telnet session with your
server, I'll try to make sure it will work with my check.

Michael Shook
Business Continuity Analyst
Saddle Creek Corporation
723 Joe Tamplin Industrial Blvd
Macon GA  31217
478 742 8740 ext. 105 (work)
478 256 9318 (mobile)
478 742 7917 (fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.saddlecrk.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/10/03 08:53AM >>>
Is there a way for me to modify the com check or could give me a good
start to writing my own for this then?