From: "Dirk Bulinckx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 7:00 AM
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Monitoring Citrix Servers

Monitoring a port CAN be a problem if the system you're monitoring is not
correctly "seeing" the disconnection as being a closed socket.  In the past
we have had several support issues with servers (mail/ftp/web/...) that were
not very happy with the "port connections" of Servers Alive, from the
point-of-view of the server the connection was still open (although closed
from Servers Alive) and quicky the servers ran out of connections.  Make
sure that this is NOT happening.
(could be that a Citrix server handles this correctly)

Dirk.