You can use perfmon stats to alert when a backup job fails or aborts etc.

The only problem with this is that in order to reset the counters the
Backup Exec services need to be restarted.

Paul

|         |           "Dirk Bulinckx"  |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           u>               |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           stone.nu         |
|         |           23/12/2003 22:37 |
|         |           salive           |

  |       To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                        |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  RE: [SA-list] Monitoring Veritas Backup Exec Jobs

hmm looks like my answer missed some letters, it should  be
    BUT Servers Alive CAN'T act on these traps.

Currently we can only display whatever is  received.

Probably in the next major release (and that is NOT  the upcoming 4.1) we
will have the possibility to send out alerts based  on received traps (with
some basic rules on the  traps).

Dirk.