What I currently do is take the interchange log file (which is overwritten every
cycle) and import it to a 'SALastCycle' table on my SQL server during the batch file
call run at the end of writing the interchange data. It's a bit annoying becasue I
have to also run an osql command first to empty the table, then import it using an
Access macro, then run another osql staement to to take the Date field and time field
and combine them into one correctly formated DateTime field.

So I guess what I'm saying, is for me, it would be great if SA did all of this, and at
a minimum, this new table should have all of the fields currently output in the
Interchange database table. In fact one way to look at it is identical to what you
currently get with the Interchange table, but erased every cycle.

Michael Shook
Business Continuity Analyst
Saddle Creek Corporation
723 Joe Tamplin Industrial Blvd
Macon GA  31217
478 742 8740 ext. 105 (work)
478 256 9318 (mobile)
478 742 7917 (fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.saddlecrk.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/26/04 03:33AM >>>
I'd like to support the request Brent is mentioning.

It's not just the fact that a server is down or in maintenance thats important.
Furthermore there should be some kind of possibility to log the actions taken on an
alert. For example: server 1 is down, action taken: email to it-department.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 23/01/2004 23:41:14 >>>
Is there a way we could add an additional output to database that would
list all of the current checks?  I'm trying to build an uptime page, but
when a server has never gone down, it won't show up in the Stats table.
I'd love it if we could have an output table that included the UniqueID,
PrettyName, Host, Check Type, Remark, and the other major fields.

It would also be cool if it had the option to purge the table each time
it wrote, or keep the existing data (for historical purposes) - meaning,
if a UniqueID got deleted in SA, we would have the option of whether or
not to delete it in the table.

--------------------------------
Brent Ozar - UniFocus
"Sunshine and chocolate every day
 In your work and in your play..."
         Semisonic, Sunshine and Chocolate

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail is strictly confidential and is intended solely for the
addressee. It is prohibited for unauthorized persons to utilize the
information contained within this e-mail. If you receive this e-mail
and you are not the addressee, then please delete it from your system
and notify the person who sent it to you.