If I am correct in presuming that SA is not threaded for SMP, then your
observation of 50% CPU utilization may indeed be 100% consumption of one of
your processors.  Have you observed that the consumption is specifically
only 50% of a single CPU?  This is of great interest to me as I have not
installed 4.1 yet...

Thanks!
Robert