Title: Message
We create multiple checks, 20 percent, 10 percent and 5 percent. The 10 percent would only check if 20 percent was down, likewise for 5, if 10 was down.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Kruithof [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 4:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SA-list] Disk Space check feature release?

Guys,

I was curious whether this would be useful to others, and if so to ask Dirk if it could be implemented easily:

We monitor Logical Disk Free Space through SA on most of our servers--we usually set it to alert us at around under 20% free.  If an alert is triggered, we know that the drive space has gone under 20% free when the alert occured, but we don't know if it's going to stop at 19% free or fill up the entire drive.

We could have SA fire off an email every time the check is down, but if the space stays the same, we don't want to know.  We only want to know if it gets worse.

So, is there any way to make SA trigger additional alerts when the % free counter continues to go down?  For example, the check is set to alert at 20% free space.  On the first cycle, the check returns 15% and SA sends an alert.  On the second cycle, the check returns 13% and SA sends another alert.  On the third cycle, the check returns 13% again, so SA sends doesn't send another alert. Hopefully that makes sense...

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Kruithof
Class 3 Systems Administrator, Section 21b, Type 42, Platinum Edition
Center for Useless Classification
Expert Tech Group
916-677-1032

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and