SAlive: Setup: General\Startup settings: check "Don't cache IP
addresses".

Oliver

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SCOFFONI Philippe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: 24 June 2004 14:18
An: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Betreff: [SA-list] TCP Port Check

Hello,

I've made a new TCP protocol for testing if a VNC Server is alive. The
default port is 5900, the packet to receive on connect must contains RFB
003.006.

In the check, i'm using the name of the server instead of an IP adress.
I used the name because the Ip Adress change every day. I'm using
dyndns.

When i'm testing, it works fine.

But every day, when the Ip adress change, the check return false
Debugging log :
mercredi 23 juin 2004 23:03:42 TCP init - connecting IP
mercredi 23 juin 2004 23:03:47 TCP check: Connection is not possible

If I make a ping on the server where Salive is running, it returns the
good IP adress but the check return false.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Philippe