From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 10:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SA-list] RRDTool (was Bandwidth)

OK guys, I'm nibbling. I've got a copy of RRDTools and am playing a bit with it and SA, although I'm still a bit (a bit!??) confused about a few things.

1) Some of you seem to be saying that RRD is a frontend to MRTG - but can be a frontend to SA instead.
2) Some of you seem to be saying that RRD and MRTG are doing the same thing but differently.
3) Some of you seem to be saying that MRTG and SA are doing the same thing but differently.
4) OK, let's dumb it down a bit. If I'm using SA, and I want to produce graphs of (say) network bandwidth, what extra tool should I use? RRD? MRTG? Both? Neither? Coathanger?
5) In SA, in the RRD logging setup screen, what command do I enter in the "Command to execute after the update" section?

Aaaaahhhh! (brain explodes)

Ian K Gray
OEL IS - European Network Operations
Tel: +44 1236 502661