From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Greg D. Moore
Sent: Friday, 14 January 2005 3:05 AM
To: salive@woodstone.nu
Subject: Re: [SA-list] Thanks to Dirk

At 09:24 AM 1/13/2005, you wrote:

>Sometimes I think we all should step back and realize the incredible
>service and product that Dirk provides, and say thanks.  I just wanted
>to take this opportunity to say that for myself.

Bah, SAlive is only cheaper than any product on the market, it's better
in many ways.

The response to technical questions is way to short.  I mean waiting in
some cases only minutes to maybe an hour or two to get a response?
That's just unlike most companies I deal with.  They really have to fix
this and get it to the point where it takes days or weeks to get back to
people.  That'll make them more like a "real company".

Oh.. and adding features.  That's got to stop.  I mean come on.  Who
ever heard of a company so open to adding features in response to
customer requests?  They really need to work on ignoring customer
requests and just
putting in what they want... regardless of actual value.   Then they'll
be
more like most software companies.

And if Dirk were any more helpful, he'd have to work directly in my
office!

>I've been a long time user of Servers Alive (since around '98), and
>I've found it to be beyond a superior product value.  It's darn near
>scary how much it gives for how little.  I first stumbled across it
>because I had a network of a couple thousand nodes, and no real
>monitoring solution that worked.  Servers Alive came in under budget
>and over delivered.  It was simple to use, and reliable like I needed.

>I was an instant convert.
>
>I've carried Servers Alive with me in my standard toolbox ever since.
>I recommend it to anyone looking for a monitoring solution, and I've
>used it faithfully in my own work through three different companies.
>It's been a huge life saver, not least of all because of the Herculean
>support Dirk provides.  It's literally unparalleled in software, in my
>experience.
>
>If you've appreciated the service Dirk's done for the community I
>encourage you to publicly express that to him.  Take five minutes.  I
>guarantee he's taken lots more for you.
>
>Mark Bradshaw
>Director of Online Services
>DREAM3
>http://www.dream3.org
>(866) 7DREAM3
>To unsubscribe from a list, send a mail message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>With the following in the body of the message:
>    unsubscribe SAlive

Greg D. Moore   Director of IT                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Powerone Media  1-800-6POWER6   http://www.poweronemedia.com
Security Tip: When possible, use a passphrase instead of a password.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER - THIS MAY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS:

Because this document has been prepared without consideration of any
specific clients investment objectives, financial situation or needs,
a Bell Potter Securities Limited investment adviser should be
consulted before any investment decision is made.

While this document is based on the information from sources which
are considered reliable, Bell Potter Securities Limited, its directors,
employees and consultants do not represent, warrant or guarantee,
expressly or impliedly, that the information contained in this document
is complete or accurate.

Nor does Bell Potter Securities Limited accept any responsibility to
inform you of any matter that subsequently comes to its notice, which
may affect any of the information contained in this document.

This document is a private communication to clients and is not intended
for public circulation or for the use of any third party, without the
prior approval of Bell Potter Securities.

Disclosure of Interest:  Bell Potter Securities Limited receives commission
from dealing in securities and its authorised representatives, or introducers
of business, may directly share in this commission. Bell Potter Securities
and its associates may hold shares in the companies recommended.

Bell Potter Securities Limited ABN 25 006 390 772  AFS Licence No. 243480