Dirk,

Servers Alive version 4.1.1630

I am currently monitoring 'NT Perfmon, Memory, Pool Nonpaged Bytes' closely
on some of our servers as there is a critical point at which we need to
consider rebooting a server before it becomes service affecting.

At the moment the check is returning 57573376 (Bytes according to the check
detail), which is above the threshold I have the alert set at (55000000
bytes which I am approximating as 55MB), but running the same check using
Perfmon shows only 4242800 (bytes? Perfmon is using the default scale) and
this is appearing as approx 42.5 on the vertical axis (which I am reading as
approximately 42.5MB)

The question I have is why are these figures significantly different?

I have checked this also with SA V5.0.1649 and the returned figures are
almost identical to those I am getting returned by SA V4.1.1630 on my
production system.

I need to be confident that the figures I am getting returned via Servers
Alive accurately represent the state of the machine being monitored.

Servers Alive is currently running on a Windows 2000 Professional
Workstation and the Server being monitored is running NT4.0, I have run
Perfmon on NT4 / W2K and XP with the same figures being return on each
different OS.

Regards,

Andy