From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dirk Bulinckx
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 11:06 AM
To: salive@woodstone.nu
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Exchange Monitoring

so what you want is that
IF 9529 is found
    THEN
        if 9523 is found
            send alert
?

If that is what you want to do then I would do the following
(entry_1)        eventlog check for 9529
(entry_2)                eventlog check for 9523 (depends on eventlog cehck for
9529 being DOWN)

this means it will ONLY check for 9523 IF the entry above it is down.

There is however one situation I can see that could give a false alert.

Example

    10:00:01 entry_1 is checked -> no problem
    10:00:02 entry_2 is NOT checked as entry_1 is up

    10:00:03    event 9523 is logged
    10:00:04    event 9529 is logged

    10:01:03    entry_1 is checked -> find 9529 -> DOWN (it will check ALL
entries between 10:00:01 and 10:01:03)
    10:01:04    entry_2 is checked (as entry_1 is down) and see the 9523 (it
will check ALL entries between 10:00:02 and 10:01:04), although it did NOT
happen AFTER (in time) the 9529 entry

Dirk.