I also am in the process of setting up event forwarding from Servers Alive.  I get the source to show up as the "pretty name" by filtering the message with batch files, assuming the SNMP trap is sent using the following format:  %p This_is_the_message_you_want_to_send_%e
Using a trap definition like the one that David uses, I run a batch file from NNM's action for the event  cmd /k d:\checks\SAlive\Translatetrap.bat $1
I also have another event defined in the enterprise under identifier 15.  This is the event that the filtered message will come through in.

In "translatetrap.bat", I write the message to a text file and call another batch file that parses the message and sends out an ovevent command to another event that I added into the 10984 enterprise.

set cString=%1
set cMessage=%1~%2
echo>d:\checks\SAlive\newtrap.txt %cMessage%
Command /c D:\checks\SAlive\ResendMe.bat

This is Resendme.bat which actually sends the 2nd event:

For /F "tokens=1,2* delims=~" %%G IN (newtrap.txt) DO set vSource=%%G
For /F "tokens=1,2* delims=~" %%G IN (newtrap.txt) DO set vMessage=%%H

::pause for a couple of seconds
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 3 -w 1000>NUL
ovevent -a "%vSource%" 159.215.21.39 .1.3.6.1.4.1.10984.0.15 .1.3.6.1.4.1.10984.6.7.8.9 octetstring "%vMessage%"

This process works well for filtering traps from other enterprises that you want to split up actions for too.  NNM only allows one action per event so this is the best way I could find to makes actions more robust. Once you get one working, the others won't time as much time to set up.  I haven't gotten it completely set up yet for Servers Alive traps but I hope this helps you get started.

Alisha Krecidlo
Network Analyst
APC Enterprise Data Center

"Rowland,David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

07/22/2005 11:46 AM

Please respond to

<salive@woodstone.nu>
cc
Subject
RE: [SA-list] Generic SNMP trap

Here is a MIB I made up and use, not HPOV but Castlerock SNMP but the MIB should work