What version of SA are you using and what version of the COM check?

Dirk.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Steve Davis
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 12:20 PM
To: salive@woodstone.nu
Subject: [SA-list] ODBC Com addon not creating Database connection string

Hi

I'm trying to use the ODBC Com addon for the first time.

I've added a DSN to the system and tested this and it works fine. I've
chosen an ODBC check within SA v5.

My proble occurs while trying to configure the COM ODBC check.

Click the browse button, next to ODBC Datasource and my DSN is listed.
If I click the DSN and then enter a username and password and click OK,
nothing is entered into the ODBC Data Source box.

Why is this?

And can I manually enter a Data Source string, if so, what is the
format? How do I specify the SQL driver?

Eg, is it?

DSN='DNSName';user='user';password='pw'

Cheers

Steve

they are addressed.

originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of known computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Electronic Media Ltd.