You can leave them blank..(I think)

Dirk.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:50 PM
To: salive@woodstone.nu
Cc: salive@woodstone.nu; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [SA-list] SNMP Trap Receiver

Do they all have to be filled in? Can I leave them blank for all values?

Ian
_________________________________
Ian K Gray
OEL IS - European Infrastructure Support
Tel: +44 1236 502661
Mob: +44 7881 518854

"Dirk Bulinckx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/01/2006 11:46

Please respond to

<salive@woodstone.nu>
cc
Subject
RE: [SA-list] SNMP Trap Receiver

Within the received trap you have the "header info", which contains the agentIP, the sourceIP, the enterpriseOId and the community.

Within a trap you can get several "lines" of information.
Each of those lines can contain an OID and you can put a "rule" on the value that the OID should/shouldn't have.

Dirk.

Yes, that's about as far as I got! Is there any documentation about what happens next? (i.e. what goes in all the boxes in the "Trap Alert" tab)

Ian

_________________________________
Ian K Gray
OEL IS - European Infrastructure Support
Tel: +44 1236 502661
Mob: +44 7881 518854

"Dirk Bulinckx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/01/2006 11:07

Please respond to

<salive@woodstone.nu>
cc
Subject
RE: [SA-list] SNMP Trap Receiver

In v5 you can't have alerts based on received traps.

In v5.1 this is possible    (enterprise edition only)

Has to be configured via the SETUP-BUILT IN SERVER- TRAP RECEIVER

Dirk.

Up until now I've done all my SNMP checks directly from SA (using SNMP gets). However I'd like to explore using the Trap Receiver functionality of SA. Is the setup of that (e.g. how to configure alerts based on received traps) documented somewhere?

Thanks,

Ian