Hello,
I have just set up this kind of tests in SA. I use SNMP and found out that the
OID is not the same on all HP Proliant. I used GETIF and MIBS from HP to find
out the OID's.

.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.3.2.5.1.1.6.0.0 or .1 for first and second disk.
or
.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.3.2.5.1.1.6.0.128 and .129 or .130 for first, second or third
disk.
or
.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.3.2.5.1.1.6.0.144 and .145 etc...
or
.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.3.2.5.1.1.57.0.128 .129.....

check for value not = 2 (2 is OK)

Hope this will help you

/Per

>>> "Busalacchi, Eric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2007-01-17 16:01 >>>
You should install the latest Proliant Server Pack from HP.  That has
full alerting on a windows machine for hardware failures.

Eric