I am now seeing this same problem running the latest v6 beta (6.1.2133) from
the website. Once a day Salive is just hanging and maxing out the CPU.

I have disabled XMPP and MSN alerting so the only alerting is via SMTP. I have
logging set to Max and it updates a web page during each cycle.

Looking at the log files for the last 2 failures, it has hung following 2
different checks, neither of which were down.

One was an external COM check to run an SQL query, the next check would have
been the same type.

One was a windows disk space check, the next check would have been a ping
check.

Following a restart, salive will happily run through all the checks without
issue.

Any ideas?