I had the exact same problems a few weeks back setting up the uptime logging.
It was isolated to the credentials the SA server runs under overriding any
credentials I tried to pass in the ODBC connection, or in the setup in SA. If
the database is local to the machine running SA it creates the table and logs
fine. If I change SA to run under a Windows account with the necessary rights I
can log SA uptime data to the remote database, but I lose my desktop
interaction for running SA as a service.

In the interest of time I left the database local as having SA interact with
the desktop is more important for our environment at the moment.

Hope that helps!

Chad

>>> Peter Shankland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/12/2008 11:20 AM >>>
Debug to file is working. No database logging is working. Within the
file debugging there are entries stating that SA has tried to create the
databases:

12 March 2008 17:46:51 CreateTable: () create table sa_uptime( said
varchar(15),uniqueid numeric, nYear numeric, nmonth numeric, nday
numeric,upcycles numeric, downcycles numeric, maintenancecycles numeric,
unavailablecycles numeric, totalcycles numeric,upseconds numeric,
downseconds numeric, maintenanceseconds numeric, unavailableseconds
numeric, totalseconds numeric)