I am currently monitoring and alerting on a http url just fine.  But we
recently added another web server for the site.  It is being load
balanced by round robin DNS.

So when you try to connect to http://site.com it goes to 1 of 2 servers
depending on the IP received from the DNS server.

My question is, how can I monitor and alert of each web server
independently?

Our site requires a specific host header (site.com) and I cannot access
the sites by using the url as the IP.  On my desktop, I modify my host
file to hard set DNS to point to one server or another.

Is there a way to hard set an IP for a host?  So I could have 2 hosts
that are monitoring http://site.com, but each is hard set to a different
IP.

Can I have it run a script (cmd or bat file) before a host check where I
could modify my host file?

Thanks in advance.

Drew

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members.  Doing so will cause