In the SA Users Group (saug.snarkybox.com) there are some long but
straightforward methods I use to consume the output of SA.

If you need specific help if what's there, email me off list and I can go over
it detail with you.
Michael Shook | Omega Tower Design Partners | www.omegatower.com/otdp |
mike.omegatower.com

ian.g...@okieurope.com (mailto:ian.g...@okieurope.com) wrote:
Here's another question: what's the difference between Uptime logging and
Statistical logging? And what's Interchange Data logging?

Ian
_________________________________
Ian K Gray
OEL IS - European Infrastructure Support
Tel: +44 1236 502661
Mob: +44 7881 518854
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit
----- Forwarded by Ian Gray/OEL/OKI_DATA_CORP/OKI_ELECTRIC/US on 05/01/2009
09:41 -----
Ian Gray/OEL/OKI_DATA_CORP/OKI_ELECTRIC/US

05/01/2009 09:36 To salive@woodstone.nu (mailto:salive@woodstone.nu) cc
Subject Uptime logging: using the data

I'm looking to get some reports out of SA on uptime - things like:

* Percentage of uptime/downtime per service
* Actual uptime/downtime per service
* Details of downtime per service (i.e. when it was down, and what the check
result was)

I've set up a SQL db and pointed SA uptime logging to it (although most of my
checks still have to have this option turned on - see previous post). My
question now is how to get information out of this new db - I'm not a SQL
programmer.

Has anyone created any useful reports/graphs that could easily be shared?

I see from the Uptime table that each check is referenced by its Unique ID. How
can I translate this into a meaningful name - is the pretty name contained in
another table somewhere that I can crossreference?

Cheers,

Ian

_________________________________
Ian K Gray
OEL IS - European Infrastructure Support
Tel: +44 1236 502661
Mob: +44 7881 518854
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily of the Company. This email and any files transmitted with it,
including replies and forwarded copies (which may contain alterations)
subsequently transmitted from the Company are confidential and solely for the
use of the intended recipient. It may contain material protected by legal
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately of the error and delete any copies of this
message

Warning: Although the Company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that
no viruses are present in this e-mail, the Company cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments.

salive@woodstone.nu (mailto:salive@woodstone.nu)
they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause