Could it be that within the real IP address of the SMTP server there is a 0?

IF so then it's a known bug in v6.0

It solved in the current released version.

Dirk Bulinckx.

From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:sal...@woodstone.nu] On Behalf Of
Chris Mang
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:31 PM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: [SA-list] Very Odd Indeed

Hello,

I’m a long time user of Servers Alive.¹ I’ve been stumped before,
but I can usually figure it out with the help of those on the list, or just
general research.¹ I have to say, this one has me baffled.¹ Here’s what
is happening:

Servers Alive (v6.0.2056) will not properly resolve, by name, one of our SMTP
servers properly when sending email alerts.¹ Now, keep in mind I say Servers
Alive will not properly resolve the server by name.¹ The machine itself CAN
resolve the server by name.¹ For example, if I add a ping check to ping
server.name (no IP in the check), the check returns an UP condition.¹ If I ping
the server by name from the command line, it resolves and happily responds.

If I run dbview.exe alongside Servers Alive, I get the following:

[3736] Try to resolve the host name¹

[3736] The host name¹¹ is an TCPIP address

[3736] Try to resolve the host name server.name

[3736] The host name server.name is NOT an TCPIP address

[3736] The Host name: server.name was resolved to: 10.0.0.0

10.0.0.0 is not the correct IP address for this server.¹

I used postie to send an email from this server through the same server (by
name) successfully.

Why would Servers Alive incorrectly resolve this address, but the machine
correctly resolve the address?

¹

Chris Mang  Senior Security Administrator
JDA Software
www.jda.com (http://www.jda.com/)

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause