On the beta page (http://beta.woodstone.nu (http://beta.woodstone.nu)) there is
a new build that lets you filter on the generic and specific type too.

Dirk Bulinckx.

From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:sal...@woodstone.nu] On Behalf Of
Brett Hanson
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:00 PM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: [SA-list] Trap Alerts with 6.2.2298

I've been attempting to use the SNMP trap alerts from Servers Alive for a while
now and have run into a few snags:

1. The scroll bar on the Trap Alerts screen doesn't work.  If you have more
than about 6 alerts, you can't scroll to get to them.

2. I haven't been able to figure out how to get Servers Alive to differentiate
between an authentication trap and a coldstart (reboot).  I've captured the
packets with Wireshark, and it can tell the difference, but nothing I've tried
in Servers Alive can seem to differentiate the two.  What am I doing wrong?

Authentication trap

enterprise: 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.2

generic-trap: authenticationFailure (4)

specific-trap: 0

time-stamp: 6101914

variable-bindings: 0 items

Coldstart

enterprise: 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.2

generic-trap: coldStart (0)

specific-trap: 0

time-stamp: 0

variable-bindings: 0 items

One possible enhancement that would be beneficial in this area would be to
display the received traps and allow me to pick either the ones I want to
receive alerts on or the ones I do not want to receive alerts on.  In
particular, I want to know if there has been a hardware failure on one of my
servers or if the server has rebooted.  I don't care about link down or link up
traps from the network card or authentication traps.

Thank you,

Brett Hanson

Systems Analyst

Agrium Inc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE !

This E-Mail transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this E-Mail by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited and is not intended to, in anyway, waive
privilege or confidentiality. If you have received this E-Mail in error please
immediately delete it and notify sender at the above E-Mail address.

Agrium uses state of the art anti-virus technology on all incoming and outgoing
E-Mail. We encourage and promote the use of safe E-Mail management practices
and recommend you check this, and all other E-Mail and attachments you receive
for the presence of viruses. The sender and Agrium accept no liability for any
damage caused by a virus or otherwise by the transmittal of this E-Mail.