and are you testing the dsn as the same user that is running SA?

dirk

From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:sal...@woodstone.nu] On Behalf Of
PatriceH
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:35 AM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: Re: [SA-list] SQL Connection Configuration with COM ODBC Check.

yes.

----- Original Message -----

From: Dirk Bulinckx (mailto:d...@woodstone.nu)

To: Servers Alive Discussion List (mailto:salive@woodstone.nu)

Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:15 AM

and does the DSN itself work?

From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:sal...@woodstone.nu] On Behalf Of
PatriceH
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:01 AM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List

Hi,

I've a problem to check the sql connectivity to my SQL Server 2005 database. I
have created a DSN entry in ODBC and use the COM ODBC (with ODBC Query check)
in SA. I would like to use a login (NT authentication) instead of a SQL Server
authentication  and it doesn't work. I gave the datareader right to my db to my
login with no success.

In my ODBC setings in SA, I've tried mydomaine\myusername or
myusern...@mydomain (mailto:myusern...@mydomain) with no success.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks.

Patrice.

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause