From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:sal...@woodstone.nu] On Behalf Of
Mark Perry
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:16 AM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: RE: [TP-SPAM] - RE: [SA-list] Checking a webservice(POST data) with a
client certificate. - Character set not allowed

This would imply that SA interprets the cert subject incorrectly, would it not?

I don't mean to imply IE is always right, but if you open an mmc add the
certificates plugin and view the cert the subject is "right" here.

I wonder about the ramifications of this workaround.  I am going on pure memory
here but a cert subject is mandatory but a cert common name is not.

I have played with certs a fair bit and still find the whole thing a mare.
Apart from RFC's there is very little on t'internet which is useful which is
typical of security protocols.  I'm glad Dirk has resolved your issue but I
still, from the evidence believe this isn't truly resolved.