another company providing a similar service is IceTrak (www.icetrak.co.uk)

Irene Warden, Notes/Email Administrator
Infrastructure Services

public sector Flex

FUJITSU
ONS, Government Bldgs, Cardiff Road, Newport, NP10 8XG

E-mail: irene.war...@uk.fujitsu.com  (mailto:irene.war...@uk.fujitsu.com)
Web: http://uk.fujitsu.com  (http://uk.fujitsu.com/)

jim.wall...@serco.com
Sent by: salive@woodstone.nu

01/03/2011 09:32 Please respond to
salive@woodstone.nu
To salive@woodstone.nu cc Subject RE: [SA-list] SMS Alerting and alternatives

Graham

I used an internet service very successfully. The company was called Redcoal
www.redcoal.com (http://www.redcoal.com/) and you didn’t need any programming
skills

The solution wasn’t very elegant but worked extremely well. You simply send
an email alert to <mobile number>@redcoal.com and it turns it into an SMS
message

Not used it for a while but from memory they cost about 3p a message if you
purchase a job lot of texts up front.

Will also send to groups of users with one email. Worked very well for me.

Jim Wallace