Forgot one part in my previous answer.

If the caching of IP addresses is disabled then we do not keep the IP address
(the resolved one) anywere, so even sa_ip wouldn't have it

From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:salive@woodstone.nu] On Behalf Of
Bob Hartung
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 5:45 PM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: [SA-list] IP Address Option

Up till now, I always used the IP address of the host to ping in SA. As such,
the IP address naturally shows up in the "Entries" column.

If one chooses to instead ping the name instead of the IP address of the host,
there's no option to display the IP address other than to manually type it in
as part of the "Pretty Name".

Sometimes I setup PCs for monitoring that get their IP addresses through the
DHCP server and it would be handy to know what IP address they currently hold.

I'd like to suggest a "Resolved IP Address" console column.

If there's a way to do this now, I've haven't come across it yet.

Thanks.

Bob Hartung
Wisco Industries, Inc.
736 Janesville St.
Oregon, WI 53575
Tel: (608) 835-3106 x215
Fax: (608) 835-7399
e-mail: bhartung(at)wiscoind.com

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause