Depending on the type of db we would use (by default) it could be an easy file
copy too :-)

From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:salive@woodstone.nu] On Behalf Of
Kevin Stone
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2011 1:01 AM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: Re: [SA-list] What's next....

I'm not a fan of the database either.  I see the push for it but personally
don't see the additional complexity providing any advantage. How do you back up
the configs?  Right now it's as easy as a copy.  What about database/table
maintenance?

The last time it was brought up I hoped it would be optional.

Scripting the config file is easy.  At a previous job we scripted nmap
discoveries, copied the results to the config and added some default monitors
based on OS.  This can still be done but now it's DB inserts instead of file
appends.

A database store isn't a bad idea I just don't the advantage.

-kevin

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Rainer Jochim <rjoc...@soleica.ca