Re: [SA-list] mail delay when checks are DOWN? Hello Dirk,

Just checked my historical alerts.
September 11th, peak 52 emails per minute. I belive its not a limit, I just had
52 entries down at the same time.
I do have a primary SMTP server on the same local network.

p.s. having total ~ 1300 entries.

Just for the test we did a loop of sending 200 mails via the queue.
What we see is that between the generation of the mail and the actual send of
the last mail (mail 200 that is) we have about 16 minutes.  We're using a
remote mailserver (mailserver on the internet).   That means that the queue was
able to send about 12 mails per minute.  When using a local mailserver we will
be able to send more mails.

Developper of the component will have a look at the component to see if it's
possible to change the sender into using several sender threads.  We do have to
see what impact this would have on the code and if we can via a parameter limit
the number of threads.  I can imagine that some SMTP server only want a few
connections from the same system….
Will get back on this beginning next week.

dirk