From: "Greg D. Moore" <moor...@greenms.com>
To: "Servers Alive Discussion List" <salive@woodstone.nu>
Subject: [SA-list] Way to Increase Speed of Checks?
Date: Wed, Sep 12, 2012 14:30

At 05:15 PM 9/12/2012, Michael Porter wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I currently have a little over 1,100 various entries that my Servers
>Alive server checks. It takes between 8 to 9 minutes to complete the
>check cycles. Is there anything I can do to speed that up?

Generally, I find most checks I have setup don&#39;t need to be checked every
time.

Things like diskspace, I check maybe every 20th check.
Other items maybe every 5th time.

And if I have 5 items I want to check every 5th cycle, I stagger them.

That spreads them out.

I&#39;d say btw, this is one of my few criticisms of Servers Alive is
that it can&#39;t guarantee when checks will occur (like every X minutes).

But for the price, still worth it.

>I am currently running version 7.0.2524.
>
>Thanks!!
>
>Michael
>

>To unsubscribe send a message with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line
>to salive@woodstone.nu
>If you use auto-responders (like out-of-the-office messages), make
>sure that they are not sent to the list nor to individual members.
>Doing so will cause you to be automatically removed from the list.

Greg D.
Moore
http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/